Ian Rowland will give an unique presentation in the Atomium, which is based on a single, powerful idea: the UP Principle. The UP Principle is simply this: you don’t know what’s possible or impossible. You may think you know, but you don’t. Surprising as it may seem, this single concept can radically transform your outlook, your career and your success.
When you face serious business problems, you can easily find yourself wondering if it’s even possible to solve whatever the problem happens to be. The same applies when you face ambitious targets, such as trying to increase your profits by 10% in a single year. Possible… or not?
This compelling and entertaining presentation is about accepting that you do not know what’s possible or impossible, and therefore you don’t need to waste your time, your mind or your day speculating about it. Instead, you can just make some progress. This is UP principle in action. It stands for Undetermined (or Unknown) Possibility.
Ian Rowland conveys this powerful principle using a mix of intriguing demonstrations and practical exercises for attendees to work on. Every point is backed up with factual business case studies in which the UP Principle led to competitive success or even market dominance.
This is not a passive ‘watch and yawn’ course. Ian Rowland emphasises active, participative learning throughout, based on the carefully staged transfer of key concepts. It’s also very enjoyable.
Key Elements include:
- A fresh take on old notions of ‘motivational’ thinking
- The wisdom of knowing what you don’t know
- Key principles of solving ‘impossible’ problems
- Winning ‘impossible fights — when market losers become leaders
Practical Business Benefits
You will learn how to:
- think in new and unusual ways that yield practical business advantages
- tackle seemingly impossible problems — and solve them systematically
- achieve seemingly impossible business objectives, such as developing ‘impossible’ products that become market leaders
You will also learn about:
- typical thinking habits that actually harm your business success
- remarkable stories of business success based on ‘impossible thinking’
- what the notion of ‘this can’t be done’ actually tells you
Who Is It For?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn new thinking skills that can dramatically enhance their business success, and transform ‘it can’t be done’ into ‘we’ve done it’.
This special, extended presentation of ‘The Up Principle’ will last approximately three hours, with one break.
An Award-Winning Talk!
The Eurostar software testing conference is one of the largest in the I.T. sector, and has been held every year for over twenty years. When Ian Rowland was invited to present ‘The Up Principle’ at the conference, the delegates voted it the ‘Best Tutorial’, with an average approval rating of 9.4/10.